I just turned 40 a few months ago. If I was job searching today, some places wouldn’t think twice about rejecting me for being too old. And you know what? I don’t mind. Every company, every team, is entitled to hire whoever they think will be the best fit. As a job seeker, it’s up to you to research companies and teams upfront, before you apply, so you can estimate if you’ll be a good fit. As an older job seeker – 35+, 45+ or even 65+ – it’s up to you to research companies and teams upfront, before you apply, to see if they have a history of hiring older workers so you can better estimate if you’ll be a good fit. Here are 40 tips to help you along the way. Free bonus: The Midlife Job Search Report is a handy guide I compiled for older job seekers. Download it now. 1. Choose a direction Start by deciding what you want to do next. Emily Allen, manager of the Workforce Initiative Program at AARP: for older workers, it’s often “the first time in life that they can consider what they want to do rather than what they need to do.” (via CareerJournal.com) 2. Get a forward-facing resume Midlife job seekers need a resume that looks forward, not backward. To quote from the article- “a résumé shouldn’t read like the testimonial at your retirement dinner.” Rather- “Change the perspective from “look at everything I have done,” to “look at everything I can do for you.”” (via Forbes.com) 3. Be proud of yourself Don’t be defensive and don’t omit dates. You’ve worked hard to get where you are, so be proud of what you’ve accomplished along the way and be even more enthusiastic about what you have yet to accomplish.
- Knoxville, TN - Critical Care SpecialistLa Jolla plans to build a new commercial organization and launch its first commercial product which provides a clinically unmet need in a disease state with a current mortality rate upwards of 80%. The Critical Care Field Team will represent La Jolla Pharm
- Escrow AssistantLocal Escrow office in La Quinta looking for an Escrow Assistant The Escrow Assistant will provide support during the opening, maintaining, and closing of escrow accounts. They assist escrow officers by creating and editing correspondence and documents, ma
- CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVESUniversal Screen Arts, Inc. is a multi-brand and online retailer in Hudson, Ohio, with immediate openings for several SEASONAL INBOUND CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVES. Our call center team receives inbound calls from customers looking to purchase one or more o
- Warehouse AssociateCorestaff Services is seeking 3 contract records specialist for a data collection and storage company located in Johnstown, PA. You will be working in a warehouse environment and your responsibilities would include processing orders and moving boxes of fil
- Hiring Professional Security Officers -- Snohomish County, WAThe Professional Security Officer is the heart of Allied Universal Services. Our officers allow us to accomplish our company’s core purpose which is “to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities”. The Professional Security Off
- Medical Record Technician / PractitionerMedical Record Technician / Practitioner The position maintains the medical records of the center in accordance with policies and procedures established for the medical record keeping practices.
- Salesfloor Supervisor - Hardlines (Mt. Pleasant, MI #7014)To serve, delight, and engage our members while they shop their way. Supervises salesfloor associates, operations. Ensures store team delivers a WOW customer experience. Oversees the store recovery process and may have ownership of opening closing responsi
- Shipping and ReceivingAbout M S International, Inc. Founded in 1975, MSI is the leading supplier of Premium Surfaces including flooring, countertops, decorative mosaics, wall tile and hardscaping products. MSI’s product offering includes an extensive selection of granite, marbl
- Satellite TechnicianHas an overall understanding of the work environment and process, with a working knowledge of the organization and an intermediate level of technical skills required to complete assignments Strong organizational and communications skills Ability to work un
- Intensive care unit - ICU RN - Travel NurseWe're looking for Intensive Care Unit RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Kingsport, TN. The right nurse should have 1-2 years recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements. As an ICU Travel Nurse, you'll be responsible fo
- Knoxville, TN - Critical Care Specialist