I just turned 40 a few months ago. If I was job searching today, some places wouldn’t think twice about rejecting me for being too old. And you know what? I don’t mind. Every company, every team, is entitled to hire whoever they think will be the best fit. As a job seeker, it’s up to you to research companies and teams upfront, before you apply, so you can estimate if you’ll be a good fit. As an older job seeker – 35+, 45+ or even 65+ – it’s up to you to research companies and teams upfront, before you apply, to see if they have a history of hiring older workers so you can better estimate if you’ll be a good fit. Here are 40 tips to help you along the way. Free bonus: The Midlife Job Search Report is a handy guide I compiled for older job seekers. Download it now. 1. Choose a direction Start by deciding what you want to do next. Emily Allen, manager of the Workforce Initiative Program at AARP: for older workers, it’s often “the first time in life that they can consider what they want to do rather than what they need to do.” (via CareerJournal.com) 2. Get a forward-facing resume Midlife job seekers need a resume that looks forward, not backward. To quote from the article- “a résumé shouldn’t read like the testimonial at your retirement dinner.” Rather- “Change the perspective from “look at everything I have done,” to “look at everything I can do for you.”” (via Forbes.com) 3. Be proud of yourself Don’t be defensive and don’t omit dates. You’ve worked hard to get where you are, so be proud of what you’ve accomplished along the way and be even more enthusiastic about what you have yet to accomplish.
- Registered NurseUnder direct supervision, this position is responsible for performing all duties related to the efficient, safe, and compliant collection of blood and blood products. Works collaboratively as a member of the team and in alignment with the values of the org
- Student Truck Drivers Needed – great pay and benefits!The opportunity once you’ve finished the course and obtained your Class A CDL would be a regional flatbed driving opportunity where you’d be away from home during the week and then are home on the weekends! Average earnings for first year driver with our c
- Security Officer/ High RiseKey Words: Security Guard, Security Officer, Security, Protective Agent, Watchman, Night Watchman, Day Watchman, Surveillance, Security, Surveillance Officer, Loss Prevention, Theft Prevention, Customer Service Security Officer, Hotel Security Officer, Saf
- Emergency Room Registered NurseCentra Healthcare Solutions is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse that is licensed or in the immediate process, and qualifies, of obtaining RN licensure in MT to work in Hospital in the specialty area of Emergency Room.This is a 13 week assignmentThis
- HVAC MechanicWe know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing ® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage
- Accounting AssociateUnder general supervision, investigates, analyzes, and reconciles accounting and financial related information as well as prepares financial statements. Acts as a liaison between internal departments and affiliates in resolving outstanding issues.
- Structures Technician $34/HrWe know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing ® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage
- Automotive Service Advisor / Automotive Service ConsultantLarry H. Miller Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram is looking for experienced Service Advisors to join our industry leading service team! Service Advisors / Automotive Service Consultants interpret customer needs for the mechanics. The average annual salary for an ex
- Critical Care Unit Registered NurseCentra Healthcare Solutions is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse that is licensed or in the immediate process, and qualifies, of obtaining RN licensure in OH to work in Hospital in the specialty area of CCU.This is a 4 week assignmentThis is a Days p
- SuperintendentThe Construction Site Superintendent wil be responsible for all on site construction activities and a member of a project management team working with the Project Manager, Asssitant Project Manager, Architect/Engineer and Client. With almost 40 years in NY
- Registered Nurse