A potential class action lawsuit that claims Google discriminated against people over 40 is one step closer to becoming a reality. A motion for conditional certification of collective action status was filed in a San Jose federal court Wednesday, which could open up a suit to anyone over 40 who feels they had been discriminated against by the tech company and not hired because of his or her age, reports Fox News. The suit would include ‘all individuals who interviewed in-person for any software engineer, site reliability engineer, or systems engineer position with Google in the United States in the time period from August 13, 2010 through the present; were age 40 or older at the time of interview; and were refused employment by Google.’ +4 A lawsuit filed last year against Google for age discrimination may turn into a larger class action suit This suit was begun last year by Robert Heath, who alleged that the tech giant ‘engaged in a systematic pattern and practice of discriminating against individuals (including Mr. Heath) who are age 40 and older in hiring, compensation, and other employment decisions.’ Heath applied for a job in 2011, when he was 60, and was denied employment even though he said he was perfectly qualified for the software engineering position and was deemed ‘a great candidate’ by a recruiter. Programmer Cheryl Fillekes is also part of that suit. She says she was interviewed on four occasions by Google for different positions, and wasn’t hired by any of them – she blames that on the fact that she was in her 50s.
- Registered NurseUnder direct supervision, this position is responsible for performing all duties related to the efficient, safe, and compliant collection of blood and blood products. Works collaboratively as a member of the team and in alignment with the values of the org
- Student Truck Drivers Needed – great pay and benefits!The opportunity once you’ve finished the course and obtained your Class A CDL would be a regional flatbed driving opportunity where you’d be away from home during the week and then are home on the weekends! Average earnings for first year driver with our c
- Security Officer/ High RiseKey Words: Security Guard, Security Officer, Security, Protective Agent, Watchman, Night Watchman, Day Watchman, Surveillance, Security, Surveillance Officer, Loss Prevention, Theft Prevention, Customer Service Security Officer, Hotel Security Officer, Saf
- Emergency Room Registered NurseCentra Healthcare Solutions is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse that is licensed or in the immediate process, and qualifies, of obtaining RN licensure in MT to work in Hospital in the specialty area of Emergency Room.This is a 13 week assignmentThis
- HVAC MechanicWe know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing ® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage
- Accounting AssociateUnder general supervision, investigates, analyzes, and reconciles accounting and financial related information as well as prepares financial statements. Acts as a liaison between internal departments and affiliates in resolving outstanding issues.
- Structures Technician $34/HrWe know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing ® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage
- Automotive Service Advisor / Automotive Service ConsultantLarry H. Miller Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram is looking for experienced Service Advisors to join our industry leading service team! Service Advisors / Automotive Service Consultants interpret customer needs for the mechanics. The average annual salary for an ex
- Critical Care Unit Registered NurseCentra Healthcare Solutions is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse that is licensed or in the immediate process, and qualifies, of obtaining RN licensure in OH to work in Hospital in the specialty area of CCU.This is a 4 week assignmentThis is a Days p
- SuperintendentThe Construction Site Superintendent wil be responsible for all on site construction activities and a member of a project management team working with the Project Manager, Asssitant Project Manager, Architect/Engineer and Client. With almost 40 years in NY
- Registered Nurse