A potential class action lawsuit that claims Google discriminated against people over 40 is one step closer to becoming a reality. A motion for conditional certification of collective action status was filed in a San Jose federal court Wednesday, which could open up a suit to anyone over 40 who feels they had been discriminated against by the tech company and not hired because of his or her age, reports Fox News. The suit would include ‘all individuals who interviewed in-person for any software engineer, site reliability engineer, or systems engineer position with Google in the United States in the time period from August 13, 2010 through the present; were age 40 or older at the time of interview; and were refused employment by Google.’ +4 A lawsuit filed last year against Google for age discrimination may turn into a larger class action suit This suit was begun last year by Robert Heath, who alleged that the tech giant ‘engaged in a systematic pattern and practice of discriminating against individuals (including Mr. Heath) who are age 40 and older in hiring, compensation, and other employment decisions.’ Heath applied for a job in 2011, when he was 60, and was denied employment even though he said he was perfectly qualified for the software engineering position and was deemed ‘a great candidate’ by a recruiter. Programmer Cheryl Fillekes is also part of that suit. She says she was interviewed on four occasions by Google for different positions, and wasn’t hired by any of them – she blames that on the fact that she was in her 50s.
- Knoxville, TN - Critical Care SpecialistLa Jolla plans to build a new commercial organization and launch its first commercial product which provides a clinically unmet need in a disease state with a current mortality rate upwards of 80%. The Critical Care Field Team will represent La Jolla Pharm
- Escrow AssistantLocal Escrow office in La Quinta looking for an Escrow Assistant The Escrow Assistant will provide support during the opening, maintaining, and closing of escrow accounts. They assist escrow officers by creating and editing correspondence and documents, ma
- CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVESUniversal Screen Arts, Inc. is a multi-brand and online retailer in Hudson, Ohio, with immediate openings for several SEASONAL INBOUND CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVES. Our call center team receives inbound calls from customers looking to purchase one or more o
- Warehouse AssociateCorestaff Services is seeking 3 contract records specialist for a data collection and storage company located in Johnstown, PA. You will be working in a warehouse environment and your responsibilities would include processing orders and moving boxes of fil
- Hiring Professional Security Officers -- Snohomish County, WAThe Professional Security Officer is the heart of Allied Universal Services. Our officers allow us to accomplish our company’s core purpose which is “to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities”. The Professional Security Off
- Medical Record Technician / PractitionerMedical Record Technician / Practitioner The position maintains the medical records of the center in accordance with policies and procedures established for the medical record keeping practices.
- Salesfloor Supervisor - Hardlines (Mt. Pleasant, MI #7014)To serve, delight, and engage our members while they shop their way. Supervises salesfloor associates, operations. Ensures store team delivers a WOW customer experience. Oversees the store recovery process and may have ownership of opening closing responsi
- Shipping and ReceivingAbout M S International, Inc. Founded in 1975, MSI is the leading supplier of Premium Surfaces including flooring, countertops, decorative mosaics, wall tile and hardscaping products. MSI’s product offering includes an extensive selection of granite, marbl
- Satellite TechnicianHas an overall understanding of the work environment and process, with a working knowledge of the organization and an intermediate level of technical skills required to complete assignments Strong organizational and communications skills Ability to work un
- Intensive care unit - ICU RN - Travel NurseWe're looking for Intensive Care Unit RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Kingsport, TN. The right nurse should have 1-2 years recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements. As an ICU Travel Nurse, you'll be responsible fo
- Knoxville, TN - Critical Care Specialist