More and more studies are being released that reveal the challenges women face in the office, compared to men, extend well beyond pay differences. Whether it’s a man benefiting from small talk more than a woman, setting the office temperature based on an average male comfort level, or female leaders being perceived negatively when taking the same actions as a male leader, it’s clear we have a long way to go to better gender equality at work. “Explicit gender bias has largely disappeared from the workplace due to tougher legislation and increased focus on diversity issues,” stated Megan Gerhardt, Professor of Management & Leadership at Miami University’s Farmer School of Business. “However, challenges still remain; ones that take a different shape and form from those encountered by prior generations of women.” While the office temperature may be of less importance than the perception surrounding female leadership, there are serious challenges that young female employees face uniquely because they are women. The challenges millennial women attest to extend far beyond their paycheck. Women have made enormous strides towards equality, but subtle biases still remain. (Credit: Pexels.com). Do Women Need To Work Harder Than Men For Recognition? Women often comment that they have to put more effort into their work than their male peers in order to earn recognition and praise. Perceptions are strong and lead to women overworking themselves just for a thumbs up.
- Registered NurseUnder direct supervision, this position is responsible for performing all duties related to the efficient, safe, and compliant collection of blood and blood products. Works collaboratively as a member of the team and in alignment with the values of the org
- Student Truck Drivers Needed – great pay and benefits!The opportunity once you’ve finished the course and obtained your Class A CDL would be a regional flatbed driving opportunity where you’d be away from home during the week and then are home on the weekends! Average earnings for first year driver with our c
- Security Officer/ High RiseKey Words: Security Guard, Security Officer, Security, Protective Agent, Watchman, Night Watchman, Day Watchman, Surveillance, Security, Surveillance Officer, Loss Prevention, Theft Prevention, Customer Service Security Officer, Hotel Security Officer, Saf
- Emergency Room Registered NurseCentra Healthcare Solutions is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse that is licensed or in the immediate process, and qualifies, of obtaining RN licensure in MT to work in Hospital in the specialty area of Emergency Room.This is a 13 week assignmentThis
- HVAC MechanicWe know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing ® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage
- Accounting AssociateUnder general supervision, investigates, analyzes, and reconciles accounting and financial related information as well as prepares financial statements. Acts as a liaison between internal departments and affiliates in resolving outstanding issues.
- Structures Technician $34/HrWe know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing ® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage
- Automotive Service Advisor / Automotive Service ConsultantLarry H. Miller Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram is looking for experienced Service Advisors to join our industry leading service team! Service Advisors / Automotive Service Consultants interpret customer needs for the mechanics. The average annual salary for an ex
- Critical Care Unit Registered NurseCentra Healthcare Solutions is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse that is licensed or in the immediate process, and qualifies, of obtaining RN licensure in OH to work in Hospital in the specialty area of CCU.This is a 4 week assignmentThis is a Days p
- SuperintendentThe Construction Site Superintendent wil be responsible for all on site construction activities and a member of a project management team working with the Project Manager, Asssitant Project Manager, Architect/Engineer and Client. With almost 40 years in NY
- Registered Nurse