More and more studies are being released that reveal the challenges women face in the office, compared to men, extend well beyond pay differences. Whether it’s a man benefiting from small talk more than a woman, setting the office temperature based on an average male comfort level, or female leaders being perceived negatively when taking the same actions as a male leader, it’s clear we have a long way to go to better gender equality at work. “Explicit gender bias has largely disappeared from the workplace due to tougher legislation and increased focus on diversity issues,” stated Megan Gerhardt, Professor of Management & Leadership at Miami University’s Farmer School of Business. “However, challenges still remain; ones that take a different shape and form from those encountered by prior generations of women.” While the office temperature may be of less importance than the perception surrounding female leadership, there are serious challenges that young female employees face uniquely because they are women. The challenges millennial women attest to extend far beyond their paycheck. Women have made enormous strides towards equality, but subtle biases still remain. (Credit: Pexels.com). Do Women Need To Work Harder Than Men For Recognition? Women often comment that they have to put more effort into their work than their male peers in order to earn recognition and praise. Perceptions are strong and lead to women overworking themselves just for a thumbs up.
- Knoxville, TN - Critical Care SpecialistLa Jolla plans to build a new commercial organization and launch its first commercial product which provides a clinically unmet need in a disease state with a current mortality rate upwards of 80%. The Critical Care Field Team will represent La Jolla Pharm
- Escrow AssistantLocal Escrow office in La Quinta looking for an Escrow Assistant The Escrow Assistant will provide support during the opening, maintaining, and closing of escrow accounts. They assist escrow officers by creating and editing correspondence and documents, ma
- CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVESUniversal Screen Arts, Inc. is a multi-brand and online retailer in Hudson, Ohio, with immediate openings for several SEASONAL INBOUND CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVES. Our call center team receives inbound calls from customers looking to purchase one or more o
- Warehouse AssociateCorestaff Services is seeking 3 contract records specialist for a data collection and storage company located in Johnstown, PA. You will be working in a warehouse environment and your responsibilities would include processing orders and moving boxes of fil
- Hiring Professional Security Officers -- Snohomish County, WAThe Professional Security Officer is the heart of Allied Universal Services. Our officers allow us to accomplish our company’s core purpose which is “to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities”. The Professional Security Off
- Medical Record Technician / PractitionerMedical Record Technician / Practitioner The position maintains the medical records of the center in accordance with policies and procedures established for the medical record keeping practices.
- Salesfloor Supervisor - Hardlines (Mt. Pleasant, MI #7014)To serve, delight, and engage our members while they shop their way. Supervises salesfloor associates, operations. Ensures store team delivers a WOW customer experience. Oversees the store recovery process and may have ownership of opening closing responsi
- Shipping and ReceivingAbout M S International, Inc. Founded in 1975, MSI is the leading supplier of Premium Surfaces including flooring, countertops, decorative mosaics, wall tile and hardscaping products. MSI’s product offering includes an extensive selection of granite, marbl
- Satellite TechnicianHas an overall understanding of the work environment and process, with a working knowledge of the organization and an intermediate level of technical skills required to complete assignments Strong organizational and communications skills Ability to work un
- Intensive care unit - ICU RN - Travel NurseWe're looking for Intensive Care Unit RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Kingsport, TN. The right nurse should have 1-2 years recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements. As an ICU Travel Nurse, you'll be responsible fo
- Knoxville, TN - Critical Care Specialist